Welcome to my Five Best Finger Pulse Oximeters post. In this post, I will list down top rated finger pulse oximeters that you can easily use at home. So without any further delay let’s dig into it.
Before going into best finger pulse oximeters, let’s first look at;
What is finger pulse oximeter?
Pulse oximeters are the most widely used medical instruments that are used to measure the blood pressure and blood volume of the person. It is basically the apparatus that does not need to be inserted into the body of the individual. So it is easy to use and it works very precisely.
It can easily attach to a fingertip to monitor the level of oxygen carried in the body.
If the oxygen level is greater than 95%, it is considered to be a normal oxygen level. If this level is 92% or less, it suggests a low blood oxygen.
In addition to oxygen level, pulse rate is also disclosed. Normal pulse rate ranges from 60-80 beats per minute for adults. Heart rate can be supposed to increase with exercise and oxygen level may slightly decrease.
How to select pulse oximeter?
First of all, you should know what are your requirements and what you want. Secondly, you should have an idea about the features of what you are desiring. Then it will become easy for you to choose the right one.
Apart from being more accurate and precise an oximeter should have the following features;
- It should be designed in such a way that it can be easy to read.
- It should have alarms set in it to indicate low or high oxygen level and pulse rate or low battery.
- There must be the availability of previously recorded data.
- All oximeters should have a rechargeable battery and they should be portable.
So when you are interested to buy the oximeter keep in mind the above- mentioned features.
There are a wide variety of pulse oximeters out there in the market but one should be careful in its choice. So to make it easy for you I am going to discuss five best pulse oximeters on the basis of their rating on Amazon.com.
Best-selling Oximeters on Amazon:
Santa medical generation 2 SM-165 fingertip pulse oximeters
- It’s the best thing is that it is not very expensive and measures the blood pressure accurately.
- It has just one button to adjust and even a single person can use it without the help of another person.
- It is easily conveyable as it is light weight and has an additional coating for extra protection and to move.
- It works very fast and shows the reading on a large digital scale.
- Digital scale displays the accurate blood oxygen saturation level and heartbeat.
- It can be used for the variety of finger sizes.
- It has a long lasting battery. It’s fully charged battery works for 25-30 hours and is turned off automatically after 10 seconds.
AccuMed CMS 50DL Fingertip pulse oximeters
- It works best for measuring the blood oxygen level and pulse rate of athletes (people performing tough exercises).
- It is also available in a variety of finger sizes.
- AccuMed offers the warranty of one year.
- It gives the accurate result displayed on a digital scale with the accuracy range lying within +2 and -2.
- The screen can be easily rotated and can brighten more.
- It also shows the pulse rate in graphical form (waveform). Higher waveform means greater the pulse rate.
- This pulse oximeter turns off automatically after 5 seconds of no use.
- It has silicon casing for making it more safe and durable.
- It also has a long lasting battery.
Innovo’s SnugFit Probe Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter
- This oximeter is a little bit expensive.
- It has a full-color digital display and can store data up to 24 hours.
- It also has the facility of alarm in it to show that the finger is dirty or battery is low.
- It also has the advantage of setting range for the SpO2 level and the alarm starts ringing if a person’s SpO2 is beyond this range.
- It has lithium battery of power 3.7V that can be recharged and a software to transfer the data to your computer for maintaining your record.
- This oximeter works best when you are in rest position, in other words when a person is not doing tough work.
- Though it is expensive it has some more advanced facilities.
- It takes 5 readings within a second to indicate the lowering of SpO2.
Concord pulse oximeter with reversible display
- Concord health supply fingertip pulse oximeter has an additional casing that makes it easy to carry and more protective as it is a shock absorber.
- It has only one button to record the pulse rate and is easy to use.
- It also powers off automatically after 8 seconds of no use.
- It is designed while keeping in mind the finger size of both the children and adults.
- It can work without any break for about 30 hours having 2 AAA batteries.
- The company offers the warranty of two years.
- It has a rotating display.
Concord fingertip pulse oximeter
- This is the most widely selling oximeter as it does not consume much power.
- It can also be turned off automatically in order to save the battery.
- It has the reminder to remind that the battery is low so you can charge it on time.
- It can be used for the different finger types.
- It is available in different colors so you can choose according to your choice.
- It has shock absorbing casing to prevent it from any damage.
- It also has a long strip attach to it for carrying it comfortably.
- It measures blood oxygen level accurately and very fast.